Coaches- We couldn't run this program without our fantastic coaches. Interested in coaching? We'd love to have you join - No previous lacrosse experience required, we will teach you the game. If you have lacrosse experience, even better!
For the safety of the players and the coaches, there are requirements outlined below that must be completed in order, prior to the start of the season.
Have questions, please reach out to Mike (Boys Coordinator) or Alexis (Girls Coordinator) or Ryan (Coach Coordinator) at email@example.com.
Mandatory Coaching Requirements for Boys & Girls- All Levels
Effective Date November 2021 ~ Subject to Change
- Rutgers Safety Course - This is required to coach any youth sport in the state of NJ. This is a one-time course. If you have previously taken this course, you do not need to take it again, you will just need to provide a copy of your card. Click HERE to learn more. (Cost is $45, reimbursed by Ramsey Lacrosse)
- USA Lacrosse - Coaches Membership and background check. This is renewed on an annual basis. Click HERE to learn more. (Cost is $55, reimbursed by Ramsey Lacrosse)
- Register to Coach - Sign up for the desired grade level. This is refreshed on an annual basis. There are no fees associated, but this will count towards your volunteer requirements for the season. Click HERE to register.
- Athlete Abuse Prevention Training Course (Formerly Safesport training) - This is required every 2 years, and there is no cost associated. Click HERE to learn more.
- USA Lacrosse Level 1 Coaching Certificate - Online Training. This is a one-time course, and there is no cost associated. Click HERE to learn more. Not required for Girls Jr. Rams or Grades 3/4, but recommended.
- CDC Youth Sports - Online Concussion Training. This is a one-time course, and there is no cost associated.Click HERE to learn more.
Mandatory Coaching Requirements for Boys Only- All Levels
How to Make Proper Contact. This is a one-time online course with no costs associated. Click HERE to learn more.
RJLA Coach Registration -Click HERE
“ Lacrosse has the contact of football; the agility and speed of basketball; the hand-eye coordination of baseball and hockey; the endurance of soccer” ~Paul Rabil