Travel Lacrosse - Grades 3rd-8th
The travel lacrosse program is a great way for kids to develop their lacrosse skills while having fun with their friends.
- All Ramsey children in grades 3rd-8th may participate.
- The teams will be grouped based on grade as follows: 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8. Based on numbers, multiple groupings may be used to help maximize playing time for all.
- Price: $195 for 2023 spring season
- (Discounts apply for multiple children and late fees apply based on date of registration)
- Season: Practice starts March 1st, March 20th the normal practice/game schedule begins and will run through early June.
- Emphasis will be placed on having fun, learning the sport of lacrosse and promoting good sportsmanship.
- Fundamental lacrosse skills will be the focus including cradling, ground balls, throwing, catching and shooting along with offensive and defensive tactics and the rules of the game.
- All athletes will be held to a high standard of conduct and good sportsmanship is a must.
- All players must be registered with USA Lacrosse and renew their membership annually prior to registering with Ramsey Travel Lacrosse.
- No players will be permitted to play without their protective gear.
- A uniform is required to be purchased.
- All of the games are officiated by sanctioned referees.
- Most towns are within a 20/30 minute drive.
- Ramsey Lacrosse is run by volunteers. Our coaches are volunteers and we are always looking for more people to get involved and continue to grow lacrosse in Ramsey.
- All boys teams usually have either a practice or a game on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday while in season.
- All players are responsible for their own equipment which includes: boys lacrosse stick, lacrosse helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads, lacrosse gloves, colored mouthpiece, protective cup and cleats.
- Grade 3 plays 7v7, grade 4 plays either 7v7 or 10v10 and grades 5/6/7/8 play 10v10.
- Games are an hour long except 7/8 which is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- The boys compete in the North Jersey Junior Lacrosse League.
- All girls teams usually have a practice/game Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday while in season.
- Grade 3/4 teams will play 8v8 games on modified fields. Grades 5/6 and 7/8 teams will play 12v12 on full fields.
- Games last an hour.
- Each player must provide their own lacrosse equipment which includes; women’s lacrosse stick, protective goggles, colored mouthpiece and cleats.
- Ramsey Girls Travel Lacrosse will participate in the Jersey Girls Lacrosse Association (JGLA).